If you are looking to update your interiors with new tiles, you might be considering options like travertine and marble. You might also be asking questions. What are their differences and similarities? Which one is the best choice for your space? Both travertine and marble are limestones that would make elegant additions to your home, but they each have their own characteristics.
In terms of appearance, marble generally appears as a solid, single color with streaks of darker hues (veins) running through it. Marble is very smooth and tends to have a sparkle. It’s manufactured with either a high gloss polished finish or a satiny honed finish. Travertine, meanwhile, is likely to be visibly porous. This characteristic gives it a more textured and natural look. But when travertine is sanded down and sealed, it can become very smooth, too. Travertine tiles are relatively softer and more absorbent, requiring a few coats of sealant. You will find travertine tiles in a range of warm colors such as cream, beige, brown, gold, and even red. Pattern and color variations keep these tiles from appearing to be too uniform. There are a variety of travertine finishes, including polished, tumbled, honed, and brushed.
Marble tiles are popularly used on floors, bathroom walls, as well as kitchen countertops. This extremely hard stone can take a beating from heavy foot traffic as long as it is properly sealed. Travertine tiles are also used indoors for general flooring, bathroom, and kitchen applications, but they are also quite popular for outdoor spaces. Before undergoing the process of polishing and honing, travertine tiles provide high friction surfaces suitable for preventing slipping, thereby making them great for pool areas.
In terms of cost, natural travertine is more expensive than cultured marble—but natural marble is more expensive. Costs also vary depending on the quality of the stone. A wholesaler can give you the best prices while offering expert advice on which material is most suitable for your project.
The deck is not just a practical addition to your outdoors. It can enhance the value of your home and make your outdoors more conducive for entertaining and relaxing. To achieve that, you need to choose the right decking material that is durable, elegant, and sophisticated. Travertine pavers are perfect if you want a deck that can last for generations while boosting the value of your home in the long run. There are many different ways that you can build a travertine deck. Here are some of the best design ideas to consider:
- Use a single color for the entire deck to create a uniform look – Buy travertine pavers in a single color and finish for a consistent, clean, and minimalist look throughout the deck. Any color should go perfectly with your home’s exterior design and environment, while ensuring an all-natural look.
- Consider contrasting colors – Build a travertine deck using pavers in at least two contrasting colors for a bolder, interesting look. You can create a pattern out of two colors for a truly unique and bespoke look that is unlike anyone has ever seen.
- Achieve a classic, sophisticated look with tumbled edge travertine pavers – The rounded edges of these pavers can create a timeless and elegant appearance to your travertine deck. If they come in faded colors, enhance them using a stone enhancer. You can create bold, beautiful patterns by combining tumbled edge pavers in different sizes like 6 x 12 and 16 x 16 or 12 x 12, 24 x 24, and 16 x 24.
- Go for an old world look – Create a rustic look with the rough edges of brushed and chiseled travertine pavers. With this idea, your travertine deck can look like a Renaissance castle or a courtyard.
- Use French pattern pavers – They can provide a luxurious, timeless, and chic appearance to your deck.
If you are not sure which travertine paver is right for your deck, order free samples from a reputable natural stone supplier online. That way, you know exactly how your travertine deck will look when you use a paver of a certain type, color, or finish.
Travertine is easily one of the best choices in natural stone flooring and material due to its durability, versatility, and longevity. It can make your home more luxurious and elegant, too. By installing travertine tiles or pavers in your home, you may even be able to increase the value of your property. As long as you install high-quality travertine, you should be able to enjoy all the benefits it provides to homeowners in Louisiana. Here are tips to find attractive travertine tiles and pavers in Louisiana:
- Find a reputable supplier – Working with an experienced and reputable natural stone supplier ensures that you are getting the best travertine pavers and tiles for your home. Consider a company that works directly with top sellers and quarries and imports directly from Asia, Turkey, and Europe to provide the highest-quality and cost-effective travertine tiles and pavers at a fraction of the cost.
- Go for premium grade travertine tiles and pavers – Travertine comes in different grades to indicate its quality. Premium grade is the highest-quality travertine you could ask for. They come in many different colors and styles, and in different finishes, too. Reputable suppliers carry them in special designs, too, with French pattern as one of the best examples.
- Explore the selection online – Browse the virtual showroom of a reputable travertine tile and paver supplier in Louisiana to explore its product range. Consider a website that doubles as a reliable resource center, too. This way, you do not have to look further for information and buying guides.
- Find out the features of every finish – Travertine tiles come in four different finishes. A polished finish will provide a classic and timeless look to your home with a highly buffed and shiny gloss. Honed tiles are smooth, but without the gloss of a highly polished stone. Brushed and chiseled travertine are textured with indentations on the edges for a dramatic, rustic, and old world look. Tumbled tiles are textured, too, but they have a more contemporary look.
- Order free samples – Seasoned suppliers can provide free samples of travertine tiles or pavers that you want. Take advantage of that offer and request those samples to have a better look and feel of the product.
Travertine is one of the most versatile natural stones used in homes. Being a natural stone, every tile or paver will have a unique natural veining pattern to add a bit of character and provide a bold look for your home. Tiles and pavers come in many different colors, styles, and patterns, typically in four different finishes for more variety in choices. Hence, you should be able to find the right travertine tiles or pavers for an indoor or outdoor application.
Travertine tiles come in four finishes, namely polished, honed and filled, brushed and chiseled, and tumbled. The pavers come in either a chiseled or tumbled finish. Here are some travertine pattern ideas you could use for your home:
Pavers for your patio
The porous nature of travertine provides a non-slip surface for outdoor living spaces like your patio. This means a better grip for your feet, even when the floor is wet. Natural colors blend harmoniously with your natural home’s natural surroundings, making travertine pavers great if you have a garden or a grassy backyard. You can get travertine pavers for your patio in any pattern or design in a standard thickness of 1¼ inches, and in a brushed and chiseled finish.
French pattern travertine tiles for indoor applications
These tiles come in sheen, polished, and matte finishes that can enhance your home’s value. Their natural beauty effortlessly makes your home interiors more sophisticated and elegant. French pattern travertine tiles can be used in many different places in your home, from the bedroom to the living room, as well as high foot traffic areas like your kitchen and dining room. They are versatile for creating any design—from sleek or modern to traditional and rustic. Alternatively, they can be used to accentuate the effect of space and light in a room to add more character to it.
French pattern pavers
These are like French pattern tiles except that they are meant for outdoor use. Once installed, they can make your outdoor living areas luxurious and classy. Reputable natural stone suppliers can provide them in four sizes: 8×8 inches, 8×16 inches, 16×24 inches, and 16×16 inches. You can use different sizes for a more bespoke layout and design to achieve a unique and bold look.
The concept of using travertine tiles to beautify homes is not new. In fact, travertine itself has been used for centuries by many civilizations. Ancient Romans used it to build their majestic Colosseum, and it is the material that makes up Tonto Natural Bridge in Arizona. The use of travertine tiles for the home is becoming increasingly popular with reliable and reputable suppliers offering a wide range of tiles in different colors and finishes to discerning customers who want a cost-effective way to beautify their homes.
Choosing travertine tiles or upgrading your flooring with them can be a cost-effective way to increase the value of your home in the long run. For one thing, travertine is a durable natural stone that can last for generations. With travertine tile, you do not have to worry about changing or upgrading your floor after one or two decades (unlike when you install hardwood floors or ceramic tiles).
You can use travertine in virtually every room of your house, including your bathrooms, kitchens, and living room. Polished tiles and honed and filled travertine flooring exude a luxurious and sophisticated appearance, while chiseled and honed and tumbled finishes are perfect for adding a rustic, old world, and classic look to your indoor spaces. Tumbled travertine tiles will provide a slip-proof flooring to make your home safer, too.
You can mix and match colors and patterns of different tiles to create a bespoke look, or go for a French pattern tile that can go with almost all kinds of interior design. French pattern tiles complement various designs, from modern or sleek to traditional and rustic. They accentuate the effects of space and light in a room and add more character to your home. Reputable suppliers of natural stone tiles and pavers import travertine tiles directly from the best sellers and quarries in Turkey, Asia, and Europe to ensure a more cost-effective and high-quality installation.
Natural stone is a perfect material that you can consider if you want to make your home look more appealing and sophisticated. Travertine is a versatile material that can increase the value of your property as well. You should be able to find a wide range of attractive travertine pavers and tiles in Louisiana online, but you need to consider certain factors before you proceed to purchase the products that you need:
- The supplier – Buy travertine pavers and tiles only from a reliable and trusted supplier that delivers anywhere in the US. Consider a supplier that is known to builders, commercial establishments, and residents in Louisiana. To verify their reputation, look up customer feedback and reviews online.
- Where travertine is sourced – Find out where the supplier gets its travertine tiles and pavers. Reputable suppliers import premium grade travertine directly only from the top quarries and retailers in Turkey, Asia, and Europe. This way, you can be sure that you are buying only the highest-quality and cost-effective flooring and paving materials for your home.
- The application – Travertine pavers can be used for almost every outdoor application, including driveways, patios, swimming pools, and decks. The tiles can be installed in every room of your house, including the kitchen and bathroom. Decide where you want to install travertine to know which finish or color can go well with your décor.
- The finish – Reputable suppliers carry travertine tiles in four finishes: polished, honed and filled, brushed and chiseled, and tumbled. The pavers come in in two excellent, slip-proof finishes: chiseled edge and tumbled edge. Polished and honed tiles will provide an elegant, sophisticated finish to a home, while chiseled and tumbled travertine can help create a timeless, rustic, or old world look. Consult with the supplier for further tips or advice on each type.
There are many different ways that you can enhance the luxury and comfort of your home, and the easiest way to do that is to choose the right type of tile for your floors. Travertine tiles are among the most sophisticated options for luxurious flooring that can provide comfort and higher value to your property for generations. The varied designs, colors, patterns, and styles enable you to create a uniquely bespoke look that can elevate the status of your property. You buy the tiles cost-effectively from a supplier that directly imports travertine from quarries in Europe, Turkey, and Asia.
Travertine tiles may help reduce your chances of having allergies due to pollen and pet dander because they are easy to clean. The flooring will not retain dust and dirt, too. A simple sweeping or occasional vacuuming or wiping can easily get rid of allergens caused by those elements. You can feel comfortable knowing that your flooring is clean, allergy-free, and low-maintenance.
The vast selection of finishes, colors, and styles will ensure that you can find something that suits your interior design goals. It’s easy to create a distinct look for any room in your house. Travertine floors come in four major finishes: polished, honed and filled, brushed and chiseled, and tumbled, and each can help you create any look that can go from rustic to traditional, old world and elegant, or sleek and modern.
Polished travertine tiles are perfect if you are trying to recreate the look of mega-mansions and majestic palaces due to their shiny and glossy surface. Hence, the floor can increase your home’s appeal and make it look and feel exclusive. If you prefer a more subdued elegant look, honed and filled travertine tiles are for you. The honing process keeps the surface of the tiles smooth without polishing them.
Travertine tiles with a brushed and chiseled and a tumbled finish retain the natural characteristics of the stone. They provide additional grip for feet, too, so they are safer for areas with high foot traffic. The slight texture and the unrefined edges of brushed and chiseled tiles provide a more dramatic and unique transition from tile to tile.
Marble is one of the most exquisite materials for building or remodeling a swimming pool. Its majestic colors, patterns, and textures provide a look of elegance and luxury to any waterline. Using marble copings will add value to your property, and you can expect them to last for generations as they are made of hard metamorphic rocks formed from limestone after being exposed to extreme pressure and temperature.
Natural marble lets you transform the look of your pool or spa with minimal maintenance in the long run. In most cases, you only have to clean the copings at the start and at the end of pool season. Marble copings are hypoallergenic and easy to clean. They naturally resist mold and mildew growth, as well as stains.
Reputable and experienced natural stone suppliers carry ready-made marble pool copings that are ready to install. The sizes are perfect to easily enhance your pool. Standard bullnose coping is ideal for uniquely shaped pools that have a lot of rounded curves. The shape helps minimize waste and the need to make large cuts on the marble for a more cost-effective installation. You can mix and match tumbled marble pavers and copings together to create a bespoke look that goes perfectly with the pool deck.
Tumbled marble copings come in other sizes for pools that have straighter edges. Bullnosed copings are versatile for the steps of your pool, too. Marble will provide a non-slip and a more comfortable surface for your waterline, so you can comfortably walk or sit on the sides of your pool without worrying about slipping or falling, even when wet. The tumbled texture offers a higher co-efficient of friction between the surface of the coping and your feet. It takes a lot for a marble to become hot, too, so it feels cooler to touch, even on a hot day.
Marble flooring transforms your abode into a luxuriously beautiful home. Investing in marble flooring can also potentially increase the value of your property and make it easier to resell in the future. This naturally stunning stone flooring offers many benefits that go beyond aesthetics.
First of all, marble is durable. Many of the ancient monuments that still stand today were built using this material. Marble flooring is dense and hard, so you can expect it to last for many decades. It is naturally resistant to scratches and abrasions, too, so your home can remain luxurious even with or pets running around.
Premium marble flooring is also elegant and timeless. It will outlast trends and is a classic investment. It goes very well with all types of interior design—from traditional to modern. You never have to worry about changing your marble floor even if you change your furniture and the overall interior aesthetic of your space. Marble flooring is versatile for almost any area of the house—from your bedroom to your bathroom.
Because marble is a product of nature, this type of flooring is greener and free of toxic chemicals. It brings the beauty of nature into your personal space. This material is also hypoallergenic, naturally resisting the collection of bacteria and harmful allergens. What’s more, marble flooring is moisture-resistant so it is a breeze to wipe spills off. Dark liquids won’t leave permanent marks on marble tiles, as long as they are wiped up quickly. All that’s needed is a clean and dry cloth plus soap and water to take care of most accidents. With easy-to-maintain flooring like marble, your home becomes a cleaner and more luxurious space.
You don’t have to spend a fortune on marble flooring if you work with the best suppliers of natural stones. The most reputable suppliers get their marble tiles direct from quarries, so there is no middle-man involved. This means lower costs and maximum value.
Marble flooring lets you achieve luxury and sophistication in your interior Living space. This timeless material is not just beautiful—it is very practical, too. Though it is not the cheapest choice, marble is unparalleled when it comes to timelessness and durability, which translates to cost-effectiveness in the long run. Marble flooring can also increase the value of your home, so you can get more money should you decide to sell your property once day. Installing marble flooring can be a smart long-term decision. Just be sure to choose the right supplier to get value.
A good natural stone supplier will help you determine the most cost-effective size, type, design, and finish for your requirements. They usually import their marble directly from quarries from all over the world, eliminating the middlemen, brokers, and other third parties that may drive up the price. This enables them to offer marble flooring at lower prices direct to customers like yourself.
If marble is beyond your price point, don’t worry—there are plenty of other options. Why not try travertine tiles? Some finishes—especially the polished variant—resemble marble flooring. Though travertine is a great alternative to marble, certain characteristics make them very different from each other. They are both limestones, but travertine is more porous than marble because of how nature makes it. This natural stone is a result of the accumulation of mineral deposits in hot springs as well as warmer freshwater environments. Marble, on the other hand, is a ‘metamorphic’ material. It is formed when limestone is subjected to extremely high temperatures and pressures. As a result, it is denser and tends to be more durable.
If you are set on investing on marble flooring, congratulations—you are making an excellent choice. These floor tiles can guarantee durability, easy maintenance, and a timelessness that will make it outlive trends. Marble flooring is a cost-effective flooring option in the long term.